Close-set eyes Makeup : Eye makeup for close-set eyes
Close-set eyes are less than one eye length apart.
Your aim is to make your eyes look further apart that can be achieved by emphasizing the outer corners of your eyes.
Makeup for close-set eyes
1. Apply light shade from the inner corner to the middle of the lid (from lashes to browline). Apply a little highlighter in the inner corner of the eye.
2. Extend the medium-toned eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eye from lashline to browbone.
3. Use the most intensive color of eyeshadow in the outer corner.
4. Brush a little highlighter on the browbone
5. Use eyeliner to line upper and lower lids keeping color most intense at the far corners of the eyes.|
6. Apply mascara on the top and bottom lashes with some extra coats on the outer corners.
7. Extend the length of brows outward with a brow pencil.
How to choose eyeshadow to match eye color
Eye shadow colors for brown eyes
Shades of blue, blue gray, plum
Eyeshadow colors for blue eyes
Shades of brown, gray, taupe, deep blue, camel, violet.
Eye shadow colors for green eyes
Shades of plum, purple, mauve, pink, dark gray, charcoals, all shades of brown, black
How to apply eyeshadow for close-set eyes
Usually you should use three colors:
- The lightest color will open and brighten your eyes.
Apply light shade from the inner corner to the middle of lid from lashes to browline.
To make your eyes appear wider, apply highlight from the inner corner of you lower lid to the middle of the lower lid.
- The medium color will give slight depth to eyes.
Apply medium color to your lid crease. Blend well.
- The most intensive color will give shape to the eyes.
If your eyes are close-set, apply the darkest contrasting color to the outer corner of your eye and on the lower lid along the eyelashes.
Tips to apply eyeliner for close-set eyes
Eyeliner allows you to shape and emphasize your eyes.
- Apply eye liner as close to lashes as possible
- Hold outside corner of eye with the finger tip to apply.
- Smudge the line or use the matching eyeshadow to soften.
- To make eyes appear bigger, apply eyeliner from mid-lids to the outer corner of your eye and extend eye liner beyond the eye.
- If you use liquid liner, hold the outer corner of lid taut and apply the eyeliner using quick short strokes.
- You can line your eyes with deep-toned eyeshadow instead of the eyeliner
- When using dark shadows on the lower lid avoid lining the bottom.
How to choose eyeliner to match eye color
Using different shades of eyeliner also allows you to change the look of your eye color.
Choose an eyeliner color to make your eye color stand out:
Eyeliner for blue eyes
Brown shades, black, charcoal, dark green, dark blue.
Eyeliner for green eyes - deep purples, dark browns, golden browns, blacks and charcoal dark shades of plum
Eyeliner for brown eyes - different tones on brown, golden browns, bronze, black, deep navy blue, dark grays
EyesTune.com - everything you want to know about close-set eyes makeup
eye makeup for close-set eyes tricks, close-set eyes tips